Hi, we are it Matters Games (iMG),
an independent game development studio from Berlin. Our mission is to create unique and beautiful games based on proven gameplay mechanics, ideally with a meaningful connection to real life. Founded in 2011 with more than 20 released titles to date, iMG is on a journey to become a distinguished boutique games developer. We are creating an exciting new portfolio with our own IP titles supported by a stable business branch doing commissioned work for leading publishers.
For our ongoing and future productions (PC, Consoles, Mobile) we are looking for
Senior Game Design Generalists (m/f/d) to join our team full-time.
Your responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the overall design of our games, provide precise feedback and propose solutions
- Quickly iterate on gameplay features and concepts,, as well as visualise and document your designs
- Prototype, iterate and polish gameplay features
- Balance game economies and progression systems
- You have passion and in-depth understanding about game design: While playing, you analyse games and you’re able to pinpoint weaker aspects of a game that diminish players’ experience.
- We’re not looking for idea generators: Problem solving is second nature to you and you’re able to generate designs within the constraints of the game’s vision and limitations.
- You know your way around using spreadsheets and can use them in versatile ways.
- Proficiency in or willingness to learn visual scripting in Unity or Unreal is a big plus. Heck, if you know your way around C# or game code in general, we would be excited.
- You are open to new challenges: We’re a small, experienced and passionate team. Everyone is pitching in. You believe in collaboration and can communicate your designs clearly and efficiently to team members.
- You know the ropes: You are an experienced game designer who worked in the industry before. You can work autonomously and can contribute to all aspects of a game’s development.
- You are passionate about creating games and playable experiences.
What’s important to us:
- You have excellent communication skills in English. German is a plus
- You are curious, always eager to learn new things and regularly inform yourself about new trends and technical innovations
- You are interested in participating in ourthe company culture and have a cooperative personality with a strong sense of openness and reliability
- You ideally have an academic degree, alternatively you have completed an education at a specialized gaming university
What we offer you
- A respectful, honest and direct working atmosphere where every voice gets heard
- A wide variety of projects
- Opportunities for further education
- Work with a high level of self-determination
- Working in a small team
- Possibility to work in Home office
Precaution(s) for COVID-19:
- Online interviews
- Distance regulations
- Cleaning and hygiene measures
Does that sound interesting?
Then we are looking forward to your application! Please send us your CV, cover letter, references, salary expectations and your earliest possible start date through the form below or to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org